Kwinana Physiotherapy has a comprehensive range of services including corporate services for WA businesses
Our Comprehensive service is tailored to individual patient needs, but will generally follow along these lines:
- Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Biomechanical assessment to identify the source of your condition
- Education and advice on the cause(s) of your condition, and how best to modify your sport / work / lifestyle if necessary
- Appropriate hands-on treatment
- Exercise prescription first aimed at improving your condition, and then at maintaining good health and future injury prevention
Your physiotherapy treatment may consist of any of the following modalities:
- Joint mobilisation and/or manipulation
- Soft tissue releases/massage
- Dry needling (a type of acupuncture)
- Exercise rehabilitation which may include:
- Range of motion exercises
- Mobility drills
- Strengthening programs
- Functional movement/task retraining
- Gym based exercises
- Lifestyle advice and education
- Taping / Bracing
- Orthotic Prescription
- Ergonomic advice
- Electrophysical Agents
- Casting for fractures
For more specific information on how we treat some common conditions, call one of our friendly physiotherapists at Kwinana Physiotherapy.
Our services at Kwinana Physiotherapy are eligible for rebate under Private Health ancillary cover. To make payment easier, our clinics offer on-site electronic claiming (HiCAPS). This allows you to instantly claim your rebate from most private health insurers, leaving you only the gap to pay after treatment. Please click here to see if your Private Health fund is linked to HiCAPS direct claiming facilities.
As insurance policies vary, we recommend you check your level of cover with your insurer.
GYM AND EXERCISE REHABILITATION
Kwinana Physiotherapy has a fully equipped gymnasium for private use and for insurance-based rehabilitation.
- The gym is open for private use at most times that the physiotherapy clinic is open
- Gym memberships are available and include a free initial gym appraisal
We conduct one on one Pilates sessions at Kwinana Physiotherapy. We are equipped with a reformer and floor equipment.
WOMEN’S HEALTH AND CONTINENCE PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy is a clinically proven treatment for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. In many cases it is as effective as surgery, for a fraction of the costs and with no risks or side effects.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy Consultations involve:
- Detailed subjective and objective assessment by appropriately trained physiotherapist
- Real Time Ultrasound Imaging of bladder, pelvic floor, pelvic organs
- Internal Examination if indicated
- Appropriate prescription of Exercises, Activity/Lifestyle Modification, many other modalities as indicated
As well as incontinence and pelvic orgran prolapse, other conditions such as mastitis, pre/post-natal back and pelvic pain, rectus diastasis and many others can be treated by our physiotherapists.
We conduct hydrotherapy group sessions on Tuesday and Friday at Kwinana StateSwim.
- Tuesday 2-3pm
- Friday 12-1pm
Programs are individualised to your needs and a physiotherapist is present at all times.
Private Health Fund rebates apply.
At Kwinana Physiotherapy we provide a full range of casting services for fractures and other conditions/injuries requiring custom fitted immobilization. Our casts can be made to be waterproof and removable.
Please notify staff at your time of booking it is for casting, as not all physiotherapists perform this service, and it does require a longer booking.
We stock a wide range of physiotherapy related products. We will happily order in anything you require through one of our medical warehouses. Here is an example of some products we regularly stock. Feel free to call and enquire if there is anything you need!